Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Jubilant

I can't believe it.

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT.

That I have actually found my VB right here in the Honks. And it's exactly where I've been hanging out senselessly for the past many weeks that I've been here.

Hello from the Honky VB.


So I took the afternoon off and made a trip to the Immigration Office today.

I haven't actually gotten the card yet, but I have a number to my name now. And so rather immediately, like an itchy butt dying to be soothed, I jumped onto the train and popped into the nearest store to get a broadband connection for the Phatpad.

The pleasure at the end of signing the deal was perhaps greater than any big O I've ever gotten.

No doubt, I've found my VB like six hours later. Still, I think it'll be more intoxicating - literally - to build my own VB.


Life is bittersweet.

Like the two packs of dark chocolate I bought just today. All 99.9% cacao of it.

Sometimes the bitter moments hit. Yet sometimes you get the sweetest of moments at the most unexpected moments.

I have no grouch about that.

Not at all.

No comments: