Saturday, March 19, 2005

No more refrigerator?!

Omigawd! What have I done?

Maybe I'm not so good after all.

I went to the Apple store last night and got me a cool-dude PowerBook. And er... it's not even my birthday coming up next week. Uh-oh. The man is making me feel sooo bad. Says he, "My birthday, I buy you present. Your birthday, you buy me one lor."

Wah. Sounds so sweet and noble, I thought at first. Until I realized, hey, I'm paying off this dude myself. And, I still have to look for a gift this week. Or, maybe I have something else up my sleeve... heh heh heh.

Point of justification: this isn't exactly an impulse buy. Yes, I've been eyeing and dying to own a Mac machine for the longest time. I'd walk into the store occasionally, pretend I'm shopping for a notebook, take a pricelist, and then tell the storeman "Sorry, I'll think about it." As if.

But this apple dropped from the tree and into my arms a tad too early. I was thinking of getting it only when I've quit my job (because I would have to return the lappie and end up with no access to the net). Moreover, I have other more impertinent stuff to think of: the refrigerator, for instance.

I've decided to christen the new baby; I'm gonna call him "MacMac". No, not because he's a Mac machine, but I'm naming him after my best friend's eldest 'son', a cool-dude Labrador whom she fondly calls "Mac Mac".

I hope she doesn't mind.

I'm still exploring the Mac interface, and this is my first blogger entry using him. I think I'm falling in love with him real fast. And it's gotten my man pretty jealous. *grins*

No comments: