Saturday, March 05, 2005

No life

It's Saturday, 8 in the evening, and I'm back at my office desk trying to get my presentation done. This weekend is no weekend at all. Meeting started Friday evening, and will go on through the weekend till Monday night. How no-life can this get?

This is usually the time of the season when the feeling of wanting to quit reaches a high. Mad rush to prepare presentations, coordinating room set-up, sorting samples and worse, stuffing them, staying late in the set-up room to merchandize samples, preparing all the sales tools, having to avail myself for activities and dinners - all these used to be fun, but too much of it leaves you feeling only too jaded after a few years.

Maybe I'm complacent, but maybe I'm just too jaded, unmotivated, uninspired. I just can't bring myself to start on my presentation slides just until the very last minute. No creative juices, I really have no idea how to present my stuff in 'new exciting ways' every single season anymore.

And I don't like myself this way. I don't like feeling unmotivated and so passive. It makes me feel like I'm being coerced to work. It makes me hate work, and I don't want that to happen. But it has.

Have a couple more hours here, before I go off to pick up the man. Which is what I'm so looking forward to now.

Let me garner up whatever creative juice I have leaking from my brain cells now and try my darnedest to complete the stupid preso. *Huff*

No comments: