Sunday, March 27, 2005

A Long (But Really Short) Day

It is another early day for me.

Yep, why else but to send the man off to work. But no, it's not a bother; it's one of the little pleasures in my life. Love going for our coffees in the wee hours (though the waking-up bit is still a challenge to us) and the quiet peaceful times (because usually he's cleverly catching a nap) during the long traffic-free drives. (On days, however, when I do drive him to work during peak hours, it is conversely a highly stressful time and it is NOT fun, period.) Try it... er, if you ever have such a chance.

I've always enjoyed the cool, quiet early mornings. And I'm kinda hooked on sitting in cafes, alone, consuming my caffeine addiction, reading or surfing, watching people walk by. Until the heat gets to me, that is. Or the zzz bug.

Ironically, I've never been one who wakes up easily in the mornings. Which explains for my perpetual lack of punctuality at work, which in turn often leads to conflicts between boss and I. I have tried all means, different alarms, mom's wake-up calls, all but nothing that succeeds in waking me on time for more than 3 days in a row. I haven't found a biological or medical reason why I cannot wake, but I suppose I don't sleep well and deep enough in the nights. I really hope there is a legitimate medical condition linked to this 'defect' that can bloody well save my ass.

So, today, now that I'm awake and still managing to fend off the evil zzz monster, I'm already planning the tasks ahead. There's plenty for me to achieve today:
1) Pop by the library for a quick look.
2) Bring the girls for a swim at the beach, and catch a quick tan myself.
3) Bring Mac for some quick-fixing at a friend's.
4) Watch the basketball game, though the man is not playing today (I'm like his spy on such occasions).
5) Pick up Mac.

How many hours am I left with exactly today?

No comments: