Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sweaty Armpits

The weather's a little awful now, but I can't really complain since I am supposed to be "used to it".

Still, I get sweaty armpits just from grabbing my soy latte from the Starbucks across the street. And just minutes ago, I was freezing my ass off in the hole. Not sweet.

Which brings me to the next point: the air-conditioning here and everywhere is driving me insane. In the malls, in the trains, in the supermarkets, in Starbucks, even in the pubs, and of course, in the office.


Rightee. Shutting down and heading to the "Gei Chiong Fai Xun" (I hope I didn't write "Gong Xi Fa Cai") in another... oops, now.

Everything seems very surreal.

All of a sudden, I'm thrown back into a work desk, with meetings to attend and emails to reply, lunches to pack and co-workers to get to know. Suddenly, I have to remember how to think 'business'. Suddenly, I have to remember how to pack fast and efficient. Suddenly, I am earning mileage again.

I'll talk more about that another time... cos for now, I am just looking forward to my next destination.


Oh, and by the way, did I mention soy latte has just overtaken skinny latte as my new Starbucks favorite?

Blame it on the lack of kopi-o here.

2 comments:

helmetwang said...

incidently i was sipping kopi @ killiney here when reading ur blog... and yeah, u'll miss the kopis even more as time goes by...

fatmama said...

dammit, dammit, DAMMIT.