Monday, January 29, 2007

Stranger

"... but he meant something to me... for a long long time..."

Someone I didn't know is gone. How, or why, or who he was, I probably wouldn't get to know.

But I do know this someone was someone who mattered a lot to my girl. Whoever he was to her.

Strangely, I felt something bittersweet brewing in my heart. Maybe it was because I could feel my girl crying at the other end of the chat. Maybe it was because I could feel the amount of love that was suddenly overflowing from every human pore around me - yearning yet lost. Or, maybe it was because I remembered how this human world works, how you and I love but never embrace it with fervor, how you and I love but never get to telling the blessed ones that they are loved - and how we never realize it until it is always too late.

I try my utmost all the time not to harbor morbid thoughts, but I know best never to have regrets.

If I were ever to be snatched from the face of this earth with no warning in advance, I would like to know, at the last few breathing moments of my life before my eyes shut forever, that I had nothing else left inside of me that I'd wanted to tell someone but been too proud or fearful to say.

So, I said my I-love-you's every day and night.

I said my I-love-you's every time before I boarded the plane.

Now, I hug and kiss my little man everytime he would allow me.

I hug my chicks and babes tightly and tell them I love them.

I forget the hurt and I love all too easily.

I remind myself everyday not to be so mean to my mom.

I write posts once in a while to sing about the appreciation I have for the friends and blessings around me.


And so, with lots of love in my heart, I smiled and hit the "send" button on my phone this afternoon.

Come what may, let's just appreciate what we have today, and live like there's no tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you too.