Friday, January 05, 2007

Insomniac

I can't fuckin' believe this.

I've been zzzless for the past three hours or so ever since I woke up with a startle half-past-three.

If I remember correctly, I think I belong with the third category of insomniacs. Then again, depending on which different stage of my adult-life we're talking about, I have fallen into the first two categories as well.

I suppose that makes me simply an insomniac.


If there was a trend, or "pattern", behind my frequent zzzlessness, it has definitely to do with the alcohol imbibing. Or more appropriately, the lack thereof.

My smart-ass theory has been, unfortunately, proven accurate over and over again. The "pattern" resurfaced just this week.

Tell me: between some chloroform, a sledgehammer and a bottle of sake, which would you have chosen yourself?


Some 'other monster' proffered some words of wisdom - sans the intense wits, thank god.

"A warm glass of milk... with a boring book will put you to sleep right away... if not, go to the doc and get some valium or xanax."

Too bad, I don't do milk. And warm soya-bean milk just... just tastes all wrong.

Too bad as well, I don't happen to own any boring book, and I can't switch on the reading lamp anyway. But I do have this two-year-old blog, which I've been trying to re-read right from the beginning for the past few days. Yes, it is that boring.


Actually, all I really want now is a nice hot plate of "zhay bee hoon". Mmm mmm...

*****

Maybe, it's really the lack of intoxication the night before.

Maybe, it's all the intensifying thoughts about life-adventures and selling coconut juice flying through my unrested mind.

Maybe, it's just the gan-cheongness about the impending phonecall in the afternoon.

Or maybe... it's just my growling stomach. =/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or maybe you should just close your eyes and not think about anything. Your mind is constantly in overdrive. Rest, and relax. Good luck with your phonecall later.