Sunday, July 09, 2006

Thank God!

For all the worries I encounter in my life, there is also good stuff the Big Guy sends my way - often in little obscure ways that I might very well overlook, but that I rejoice over and over when I realize I'm not left alone to deal with it all.

But that's the deal with good stuff.

Good stuff doesn't usually get the thanks and the praise.

And that's how we always think we don't get enough good stuff. That all we are laden with is bad stuff.


I am simple, and I am easily satisfied. No shit.

Without much deliberate planning, I am now faced with a deep blue sea of fishes for me to pick. All are equally tempting, and I was frustrated. But having choices means I have a brain to think and to choose. A sensible one, that is. Hopefully.

My dog is plagued with an inexplicable allergy which has led to a skin infection and incessant licking and scratching. In all honesty, my baby looks terrible now, and it upsets Mommy. I have grouched about the vets here. I have resorted to numerous cures from the pet store. I have gone to the supermarket to buy fresh food for her. I spent two hours cooking for her. She still looks bad, but I am not giving up. Having done all this means I have a big heart for non-human creatures.

I am soon about to give up my job, and with that, my PC-based laptop. No big shit, really - except I need access to PC-based working files still. Buying the software from the Apple store would mean I have to spend 700 bucks, and I couldn't find no one to share the cost with me. A friend in the office whom I am not close to, learned about it, and willingly shared his last account from the software with me. It saved me hundreds of precious dollars. Having friends like that means not everyone in this world is as selfish as I thought they would be - not especially when you had preconceived bad impressions of them.

I love dancing in Velvet, but I have not been there in months. All because no one in my circle appreciates it as much as I do. When I received a last-minute invitation on Friday, I couldn't bear to give up the rare opportunity. Then again, I had promised myself to stop spending senselessly. Temptation succumbed and I found myself outside the club. And then, I bumped into an old friend who offered to sign me in. Ah!!! Having saved that 25 bucks means I have friends who help when you're in a dire need to boogie! The right friends, that is. Ha.

I got unwittingly dumped in Velvet when my friends mysteriously left me alone - for the rest of the night. I was fuming, and I would probably have still been upset now. Instead, I made a new friend. (Ok, ok, I got picked up.) A new friend who bought me drinks. Wahaha. I ended up spending zilch bucks that night. Having made a new friend out of an unfortunate incident with your other so-called friends means things in this world do happen for a reason.

I can smell it. The impending demise of my phone. I have finally resorted to wrapping clear tape around my phone to hold the battery in. But I am not quite worrying yet. Someone has promised me a new phone, and I have even gotten a preview of the new precious. Having a gift like this means someone still cares... despite all that has happened. And it is enough to make me smile.


So you see, life ain't that bad. When you do count all the little things you have in your life.

*****

"You've got really beautiful eyes."

Not another one.

So what?

It's not as if you men really know how to appreciate true beauty in life, and of life.

No comments: