Saturday, July 01, 2006

Papa

It was a pure pleasant surprise that the girls bumped into their Papa at the beach today.

And it was for me too.


It's strange how we are just exactly like a pair of divorced parents with two kids between us.

We discuss about their welfare. I never put Piper through any new 'treatment' before a consultation, and an agreement, is sought with her Papa.

"You think I should keep Piper away from sea water?"

"That I not too sure. You wanna try keeping her away for a while to see how?"

We talk over my keen decision to adopt a sister or a brother for the girls.

He calls to tell me about the Neem oil. I call to ask if I should seek a second opinion from another vet for Piper. He calls again and again to check if I have bought the Neem oil.

I send him messages to tell him of the funny antics the girls have been up to.

He buys them treats from the different places he's been to.

Sometimes, I would ask if he would like to see the girls.

"Wanna go swim with the girls?"

Or, if he would like me to bring them over and leave them around for the day.

Or, if he could let them stay over while I am out of town.


He loves them too, that I am sure.

They are, after all, ours.

No comments: