Sunday, July 02, 2006

Lost

I am so gonna boycott the World Cup from now.

Never have I ever imagined I would be so affected in this manner, by a team not even from my own home country.


Some other things baffle me too.

Like, I don't understand why anyone would plan a wedding during any major football event that takes place only once in four years and that thrives on the life of almost every single man (or woman, these days) around the globe.

I have even heard complaints once during a wedding dinner that took place just as the all-crucial match between Man U and Liverpool was kicking off.

I know all the groom has in his mind is his beautiful bride that night, but has he spared a kind thought for his poor band of brothers? The brothers who have already suffered the morning through wasabi sandwiches and strip wax treatments?

I don't understand how any pub could run out of any freakin' form of beer by midnight during the highly anticipated World Cup quarterfinal rounds - for two nights in a row.

Midnight. The second half hasn't even begun.

And I don't understand why, on rare occasions like this where lifeform finally begins to spring in abundance for Mohd Sultan, one-half of the two-lane main road has to be closed for major roadworks. Yes, and it happens in the most happening hour just before the quarterfinal kick-off.

It is both strange and frustrating to be stuck in a jam at an hour like this.


I really don't understand how the World Cup could ever have such an effect on a small fry like me.

I hate losing. And I hate rooting for losing teams. Especially when they are not supposed to.

That, I really don't understand.

*****

Time to catch some much-needed snooze. I have indeed done much on an unplanned Saturday.

Gotta head down to the East Coast Park in four hours, where my chums are all racing in the triathlon.

Triathlons. I used to do it, but I don't miss it now.

Just like some other things as well.

No comments: