Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Bounced

It was quite some weekend.

I club-streeted, I winebarred, I o-barred, then I zouked. All on a Friday's night.

And then I crashed on Saturday.

That's not what a twenty-eight-going-to-twenty-nine-year-old ought to be doing, ought she?

Not especially when she has a life unknown ahead of her.

*****

I figured out the weird sadness that was growing inside of me. And that probably drove me to party like I hadn't partied in years on Friday.

I got a new toy.

One that came very timely, partly because the old one was really about to break down anytime. And partly because I received it just hours before the day signifying the "one-year anniversary".

As I jokingly put it across to some close friends who were celebrating my getting a new phone finally, it was just like a one-year anniversary gift.

"Thank you sweetie, for breaking up with me one year ago. Thank you for bestowing me the freedom I've been wanting."

Huh. =/


Ok. Cynicism kills.

I know it wasn't meant to be.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I probably hadn't thanked you enough that night.

Now, it's my turn. I owe you too much.

*****

No shit, I am going through a tough time. And in about ten days' time, it's going to be tougher.

Still, owing you too much shouldn't be the case. And it won't be, hopefully sooner than later.

I resolute.

*****

"Wherever we are, we are not alone. I can feed you for as long as you want me too. Just be focused in your dreams."

I think God heard my silent cries, and just sent an angel down my way minutes ago.

Despite what some other folks may think, I am not stupid. I am not crazy. I am not idealistic. And I am definitely not useless.

I just have dreams that have yet to be realized.

I will find them, and make them.

Do you? Will you?

No comments: