Friday, June 23, 2006

Housemate Wanted

I need one.

I would love to be able to have a place on my own, bum around naked at home, leave the TV on while I doze off on the couch till the next morning, throw my dirty laundry around, whip up a good meal for one on a boring day and leave the dishes in the sink till the next.

But I don't think I can afford that on my own for now.

So I do need a housemate.


I don't have much criteria. Really. I am a simple person.

Still, it is a daunting task.

First and most importantly, I need a buddy who loves dogs and who would welcome the idea of living with two (and very possibly three) crazy dogs who sleep on the couch and run all around the house.

Then, I need someone who can tolerate my weird sleeping patterns - late nights, late mornings, preferably with the TV still on.

That is all.

And that is enough to make it a daunting task.


Tell me, if it is going to be so tough finding a housemate who accepts both you and your dogs, what about a life partner then?

BIG sigh.

No comments: