Saturday, April 01, 2006

Smarter & Wiser

I thought of a new personal life rule for myself.

I hope it helps me through my life going forward.


I think I'm going to play the life game a little smarter.

I should place the same amount of significance on the people in my life, as they place on me.

If you love me a lot, I shall love you as much, or even more. I can be that big.

But if you think I'm just that small insignificant part of your life, a tiny little 'thing' you can just flick away anytime you want, I shall make you the same in mine as well.

Now that's fair, isn't it?


I have been stupid - yes, stupid like you said I was looking.

I have allowed some people to affect me so bad, I couldn't see how little I meant to these very same people.

It has got to stop.


Yes, to you, and you, and you. Especially you.

Hear me.

*****

I don't know what I want out of you.

And I don't know what you want out of me too.


Yes, you and I are two different people. Very different, in fact.

We come from different worlds, but I am intrigued by yours.

You asked me why, but I really can't explain. Probably not in the way you'd like.

Certain kinds of connection, you just can't explain the reasons behind.


Then again, maybe we aren't that different to the core.

You are weak, just like I am.

You control like I do, but perhaps a little better than I can.


I really hope you're just a distraction.

That you're just a bypasser.


Some things are just not meant to be.

I am still learning to grasp this fact.

No comments: