Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Complain Queen

Wow.

It pays to 'give feedback', doesn't it?


I had bad room service tonight.

Bad. The waiter promised to call back after he would check if there was beef noodles on the menu tonight. And he didn't.

I knew it because I had to call back instead, and he actually remembered me. He remembered my room number.

There was no beef noodles tonight.

And then, after I had made an alternative order, he didn't ask if I had wanted any drinks to go along with my dinner. Nor did he tell me how much time I would expect before I got my dinner.

I don't mean to be bitchy... but aren't these all standard protocol? Gawd.

Dinner sucked, anyhow.


I went down to the bar for a quick pint immediately after my dinner.

I badly needed it.

And because I have a Singaporean accent, I got to know the Singaporean owner of the bar.

The next thing I knew, he was asking for my feedback on the service of his staff.

I recounted my experience tonight, and voila! I got a free pint on the house!

=]

*****

I am not supposed to, but I had three pints instead of the one I had planned on.

Fuck. Still got work to do.

No comments: