Wednesday, April 05, 2006

KNN Lee

My unteacher-like teacher-friend sent me a message the other day which started off: "Kanina... fuckin p*****..."

It threw me off, and left me laughing - for no real sane reason, actually.

Nobody spells out "ka-ni-na" in full lor. Everyone just goes "knn".

For a moment, I thought the word looked 'pleasing to the eye' and I thought 'Kanina' kinda makes a nice pretty name. Doesn't it?

And so, I am going for a trial name - 'Kanina'.

Of course, pronounced with the right English intonation and the proper emphasis on the syllabic components.

'Ka-nee-na'.

Kanina Lee. My initials shall therefore be KNN Lee.

Cool, yah? Just befitting for my deceitful ah-lian inclination.

Be forewarned, though: if you try to be funny and walk up to me calling my new name in your ah-beng Hokkien twang, be sure I'll give you one good slap lor.

No comments: