Sunday, May 04, 2008

Solar-Fueled

"Favorite temperature?"

"Mmm... Twenty-seven degrees."

"Favorite fruit?"

"Dragon fruit!"

"Yes, you Southeast Asian girl."

Yes yes, I am the Southeast Asian girl who comes from the tiny dot swimming just above the equator and who happens to adore her LS fruit.

And guess what happens when the wintery months finally go away, and the stupid rainy skies take a quick break for the day, and the sun comes out to play?

The S.E.A. chick scrambles for the beach, of course!


The destination was a little faraway. The journey only made me wish I had my car with me. The beach was surprisingly too packed. I only managed a two-hour nap before the sun got blocked out by some silly dude's umbrella and finally disappeared behind the clouds.

Still, I'm like a solar-powered Energizer bunny.

Sun-kissed all over, and I'm feeling the color of life creeping back into me. : )


With my newly devised plans for the coming adventurous summer - that is, to suss out the other beaches and hopefully find a perfect, quieter one I can make do with - I now have no issue with myself for lugging home a questionable number of summery frocks and shorts from the last trip to the States.

I knew I had foresight.

Just one last struggle. There I was, scrutinizing myself in the mirror and making last-minute resolutions to eat better and run more. And here I am, googling for Mentaiko Spaghetti recipes and wondering if I should try my luck at the bookstore tomorrow instead.

Southeast Asian solar-powered Energizer chicks are pretty hard to please. Especially the Libran ones.


And, in the meantime, Plan K's in the works. : )

IMG_4305

No comments: