Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All of Only Five

I 'reluctantly' cast the work aside to make a phone call back home during dinnertime, just so, hopefully, Son would still be lively enough to speak to me.

Son's mom picked up the phone, "You wanna speak to your mom?"

"No. Pass the phone to Son."


姑姑: Hello?
小王八: ...
姑姑: Hello?!
小王八: ...
姑姑: Hello... Speak to 姑姑... hello...
(After like ten more 'hellos'...)
小王八: I want another one.
姑姑: Huh? You want another what?
小王八: I waant annother one!
姑姑: What? You want another what? Tell 姑姑. You want another chocolate?
小王八: No! I want another one. I dowant this one!
姑姑: ... What?... You don't want 姑姑?
小王八: Yes! I dowant this 姑姑!
姑姑: ...
小王八: I want another 姑姑!
姑姑: ...
小王八: I want another 姑姑, like last time that one.
姑姑: ...
小王八: I don't need this 姑姑!
姑姑: ...


Heartbreak is silent.

Just like the tears I had to hold back.

IMG_4067

No comments: