Monday, May 22, 2006

"Yeah, Knees That Suck Suck"

Despite the stress that plagued me since dinner last night - and which gave me nightmares and severe lack of sleep for fear of oversleeping - I think I might've had the best time in weeks today.

Sitting (almost) next to, and chatting as a 'co-host' with John Dykes in a pseudo-ESPN studio was one thing.

Having run a smooth-sailing show with absolutely zero glitches (at least so I think), after weeks of stress and running around and hair-pulling and booze-indulgence, was an even better feeling.

All I can say is, it always pays to hire only nothing but professionals. Maybe I should just turn one myself.


All's not really over yet.

There are still meetings ahead. Then there's that silly little Desaru trip.

Stuff beyond that is what I am really looking forward to.

Like taking a couple of days off work to do nothing but chill and recharge. Maybe an afternoon at Brewerkz might help.

Like the Hong Kong trip with the chicks, though it'll be just three days of togetherness before my week-long meeting begins.

Like the long-awaited Taipei trip that, should nothing go wrong again, should happen by the end of June.

Like the diving trip I am trying to organize amongst my buddies.

Like embarking on my new life ahead. I suddenly feel energized. And while I still am, I should give it a shot. My new life.


I would like to write more again as well.

I have been too haphazard. Nonsensical even.

'Nuff of that crap.

*****

I did see that someone last night.

Not only was the ballroom not grand and big, I ended up being seated at the table right next to that someone's. And in full view of each other. Sigh.

Much as I tried to pretend and avoid 'bumping into each other' the entire night, I couldn't resist picking up the phonecall from the unknown number at the end of the night before I could reach my car.

I didn't recognize the number - but I just knew who the caller was.

So. I did meet up with that someone in the end. Had a little chat, a little drink.

And that someone is now back in my phonelist again.


I know, I know. I can be this weak.

Then again, it's just a number.

I can always fuck it again.

=)

No comments: