Saturday, May 20, 2006

High

I have never multi-tasked this much in my entire life as I did over the past couple of weeks.

Now you get it.


I'll try my best to recapture my 'best' moments of the week, if my degenerating brain cells would help.

*****

Me: I am on a 'quitting high'.

Ed: Huh? You quit? What you gonna do?

Me: No, I haven't. But I'm getting high from the feeling of wanting to quit.


He thought I was very funny.

Then again, he also understood what I meant.

Some of you would, too.

*****

Me: One of my best girlfriends predicted that I would be very prone to post-natal depression in future when I get pregnant.

Dee: Yah what. Now not pregnant, already prone to depression. Of course lah.


Hmm.

Noted. Point taken.

*****

"Wah, you're really Ah Lian after my heart."

"Ah Lian, Ah Lian. You cute la."


I've always thought I am just a closet Lian. I didn't know I could give first impressions like that.

Sigh.

*****

I am really on a quitting high.

It wasn't a joke.

My time's just up.


Going for a wedding dinner tonight. My first since last November.

And between then and now, I had heard of more break-ups and divorces than of unions and marriages.

I don't know what to make of it personally.

I may see someone whom I don't really wish to see later. Someone whom I've deleted off my phonelist.

I just hope it's a big grand ballroom.

No comments: