Tuesday, May 30, 2006

ME Inc. Re-established

Days off just feel... *ahhh*... so good.

Though they always seem to be much, much shorter than work-days.

So fast, 5 o'clock already. Damn. Maybe it might help if I don't sleep in on off-days.

Then again, 5 o'clock ain't such a bad sign after all. It just means something's beckoning.


"But honey, how can you quit? You have a drinking habit to upkeep, you know."

What the hell.

If I have to give up my "drinking habit", I will.

Ok... maybe not completely. Just less. Like one pint a night. Ok, maybe two - max.

I know I can do it.


My mind flips over and over, again and again. Everyone close to me is getting confused.

Decisions are never easy. Especially when they are potentially life-changing.

I (still) don't know what I want - much less my friends. But, I know what I don't want. For now, at least.

And that's a good start.

The fearful me wants to stay put where a fantastic career path lies straight ahead.

The fearless me wants to drop all I already have, and chase after a colorful world where dreams lie ahead.

What then do I do?

I want my dreams. I want a world I craft for myself. My own world.

I can't wait for that day. That day when I feel meaning again in my life. =)


There will be friends who stand by me. And there will be detractors who think I'm stupid.

I think I know who you are.

But even more importantly, I need to know who I am, once again.

Some part of me remains me. But some has died and gone away.

I will embrace the me that remains, and welcome the new me that surfaces.

I am liking the sound of it.


There will always be the money issue.

One day, hopefully, that will pass.

There will always be the nagging parents. Or rather, parent.

One day, hopefully, they will understand.

There will always be the 'friends' who remind me how silly I am.

One day, hopefully, they will see.

There will always be the loneliness that might lapse in ocassionally.

One day, hopefully, it will bother me no more.

There will always be the devil in me that taunts me and tells me I won't make it.

One day, hopefully, it will give up and shut up.

There will always be the fears and the helplessness.

One day, hopefully, they will turn me into a stronger woman.

There will always be something.

One day, hopefully, I will be everything.


I don't think I can save the world, honey. I just hope I can save myself.

But thanks - for believing in me.


I don't have to love the whole world.

I just have to love myself, and all that matters to me.

No comments: