Friday, April 29, 2005

Power Puffed-Eyes Girl

The long-awaited long May Day weekend is finally here. I slugged through the work day today because I was up since 4 in the morning and in the office since 7. Not that I was that hardworking, but I just had to wake up early this morning. I think I'm going to sleep myself silly this weekend, hoping the zzz monster might just eat up all my zits. Play some Gunbound maybe, since the man is not around. Actually, I really have no idea what I'm gonna do this weekend.

Well, not that I didn't have a long weekend this past week. I took a day off from work on Monday, wanting to spend some time with the man before he zipped off to a long trip today. But on Tuesday, I woke up with super puffed up eyes, and had to take another day off on medical grounds (yes, finally!). Turned out I was suffering from some allergic reaction to some anti-inflammatory cream I applied on my poor old-lady knees the night before. Yes, stuff on my knee made my eyes swell up. No one could believe me at first. I looked either like a teddy bear or like a Japanese. Yes, imagine however you want.

So, according to the 'very nice' and helpful and very informative crap-ass doctor (whose business I patronized only because he was 'recommended' under the company's group insurer), because I'm "born like this", I shall have to stick to only good ol' Panadol for the rest of my life. Yes, Panadol the all-pain reliever. Crap ass.

I'm acting super cranky and weird and unpredictable and depressive. I think I need St John's Wort.

No comments: