Saturday, April 23, 2005

Back At My Writing Desk...

It's been like what... ten years... since I wrote. Blame it on numbness.

Pretty much has happened in the last week or so, but nothing really much worthy to blogger about. Don't feel like writing a 10-page essay to fill up on those past few missing Blogger days.

I'm back sitting at my favorite cafe, imbibing caffeine and watching the world go by at the same time. I've been away again for the past few days in Bangkok for work, and this time, somehow it feels like I've been away from home for a long time. Being back here gives me a weird sense of familiarity and comfort.

Today, I see a few pigeons hanging around the cafe, quite an unusual sight. They are daringly walking amongst closely-knit tables, looking for scraps of salad leaves and bread. A small girl, barely three years old, is toddling around, weaving through the tables, chasing after the hungry birds. Her pants are dirty, around the bum area, she must have been having a lot of fun in town today. Oh, and she's caucasian and she's out only with her dad, which explains the dirty pants. For one, asian parents would never allow their kids to be rolling around the ground in public, and two, dads don't care if their kids get dirty.

The girls at the next table look like they are bitching about someone. I am thinking they are likely to be flight stewardesses. One, they are slim, pretty, and have jet-black hair and nicely-plucked brows. Jet-black hair is a rarety in Singapore - browns and almost-blondes are more like it. Two, they are showing off their new Gucci wallets, probably bought on their recent trip to Milan. Three, they are bitching. Well, I'm just guessing. Since the man started flying, I've learnt a rope or two in spotting flight stewardesses in town. The first two things to look out for: jet-black hair and long red nails. Then you check out their dressing. Usually, they are well-dressed, not sloppy. They are also usually made-up. *Omg! All three of them own pink Guccis!* And if you have the chance to observe their conversations, they bitch. Apparently, a lot. But I'm not too sure about that. Well, I don't want to stereotype. Not too much, anyway.

Ok, take a break now and come back later.

No comments: