Sunday, April 03, 2005

Man or Dog?

People are so amazed by the amount of love I have for the man and for my dog, I've often been asked this common question: Who do I love more, the man or the dog?

In all honesty, I don't know. I haven't been able to answer this question two years ago, and I still can't answer it today. The man knows it, and is he hurt? I don't know too.

I suppose it's hard to compare and decide because we're talking two different kinds of love here, with the man and with the dog. It's got to do also with the kinds of hope you pin on the human and on the dog. They're different, the expectations. So I think I can't really compare the two. Of course I love the man more than any other human being on earth, but more than the dog? Uh-uh, not too sure.

While I can't decide for myself who I love more, there's one thing for sure I do know: the dog definitely loves me more than the man does me. Nothing can compare to a dog's love.

No comments: