Thursday, February 24, 2005

Sweet home

Well, I've been to San Francisco and back. Yup, three days at Frisco and twenty hours mid-air flying back home. And I had not had a single blog entry since I left Portland. Blame it on extreme ill-discipline. Oh, and a very serious case of exhaustion every night.

I had really planned for an ongoing journal - to write down all the exciting experiences I had everyday. I took tons and tons of pictures as well - over 500 in just three days. But by the time I got back to the hostel at 7 or 8 pm every night, I was so tired I could only think of dozing off after a shower, to replenish energy for the next day. And as a result, I never got to writing my daily travel journal.

What a shame.

I touched down on homeground early this morning at 12.40am. And I could only think of soup and noodle. After dumping my bags at home and saying a quickie hello to my mom, I zipped out of the house immediately, for a quick fix of fishball noodle soup. You'd never imagine the huge wave of satisfaction that came over me at the end of the meal. I smiled all the way walking back home.

Man came home today as well, from a five-day trip to Adelaide. Bliss is being able to pick him up from 'work', and blissful I was this evening. Missed him for ten days, and a slow, quiet evening with him made the end of the 'drought' so much sweeter.

How can I forget to mention my baby girls?

My girls were the most ecstatic on seeing me home after ten days. Especially Piper the craziest but also sweetest one. To them, I must've been gone for three years or something. They jumped (peed a little too because of the over-excitement) all over me, licked me over from face to toes, followed me all over the house with their perked-up, waving little tails and Speedy-Gonzales footsteps, alert eyes fixated on my every action, never letting me out of their sight ever again, as I walked from room to bathroom to room to kitchen to room and all over. And when I went for my fishball noodle soup meal and back, they started the whole excitement again as if I were gone for one year this time. How I love my little girls.

Okay, I gotta start on my journals soon, before I forget every nitty gritty detail. Work is suddenly piling up as well, because I've played too hard over the past few days. Not nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey exactly lah, was looking fwd to reading about your adventures and u horrible char bor no update?!?!?! still gush about wireless internet somemore. tsk tsk tsk...