Wednesday, February 09, 2005

New Year, New Life

It's about an hour and a half into the Lunar New Year. I've already had two reunion dinners with family and one lo-hei dinner with my softee friends, and collected two grand ang pows. The feeling of excitement on the eve as we await the clock to strike midnight has dwindled over the years since I was a little girl. But this year, I did feel a little more excited than I was in the past couple of years, because this year, the man is back... finally... to welcome the new year with me. And of course, the more exciting bit is that we can go back on our 'blackjack' rounds finally after a 2-year hiatus.

I actually ushered in the new year peacefully this year with the sweetheart, without even quite realizing the clock had already struck twelve. We would've been lousy Cinderellas, turning into pumpkins without even seeing it coming. And of all weirdest places, we were hanging out at Coffee Bean, sipping coffee/tea, talking, stoning, more talking, even more stoning, on Lunar New Year's eve when most other homely folks would be gathering chattily with friends, or watching TV with family, or playing mahjong with kakis. Yes, Holland V was expectedly quiet but not Coffee Bean. So, we weren't that abnormal after all.

But I loved it that we were spending quiet time together, just right before New Year. Though nothing was intended. I actually felt more peace and love than I ever did in the past few months. Maybe that's a good start to the New Year.

Well, a brand new year usually signifies brand new resolutions. I'm tired of thinking about resolutions because I know I never stick to them (that's why I've never really set down or commit to any one). But this year, or rather at this very moment, I'm feeling a new wave of energy all of a sudden. I'm suddenly thinking of my future, my life, my future with the sweetheart. And so, I'm thinking there are a few certain resolutions I'm going to set for myself, for real. For the sake of my future, my life and my future with the sweetheart.

For one, I'm going to spend LESS MONEY. MUCH MUCH LESS MONEY. Four years of hard work, and it's a shame I don't have much money. I'm getting very angry at myself and I hope that spurs me on.

Two, I'm going to plan my way out of my job. There are many things I wanna dabble in before I set out a long-term career but after I quit. I will quit. I know.

Three, I'm gonna sleep more. MUCH MUCH MORE. Like right now.

Happy New Year, folks.

No comments: