Friday, February 18, 2005

3 bad moves & 2 good news

I'm an hour away from boarding my plane to Frisco.

I was actually too excited, and had checked out of comfort a little too early. I was quite silly - what was I expecting, a queue for check-out at the frontdesk at 4 in the morning? I sat at the lobby for 20 minutes, then couldn't stand the wait. Walked to the Met station... and waited 20 minutes more. In the cold. Another dumb-ass move. And it was pretty worrying seeing blokes walking around out of nowhere.

The zzz symdrome never left me. Dozed off almost immediately once I boarded the first Met ride of the day. The sleeplessness just hit me suddenly, and I felt so tired I wished I hadn't stayed up. Bad move number 3, and I hope it stops right there.

The syndrome I've got makes me sleep so deeply till I always almost miss my stop. So I slept even as the train stopped right at the Airport. Woke up (with a startle) only when I heard too much noise from people dragging their luggages off the train.

And I was most happy when I found out my luggage weighed only 38lbs, way less than the 50lbs allowed. Good, I can now dump all my notes back into the luggage.

Found free wi-fi internet access at the Portland airport. And it pleases me so, as I sit here drinking my morning latte. Have to look for a notebook now, so I can jot down my journals as I travel San Francisco.

No comments: