Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Day One

Almost twenty-seven hours later, after more than seven hours of delay in the Honks, another fourteen hours in the air (in the warmest cabin I have ever sat in), then another two hours of delay in Chicago, I am finally safe and still very sound in Boston.

I reckoned an early swim in the morning would stave off any onsetting lethargy, since getting in the hotel at two in the morning meant no sleep for me before I hopped on the shuttle bus at seven. It did – for a while. The hyperactive mood that irritated everyone else died somewhere around nine in the morning.

Still, thank God for the swim. I haven’t jumped into the water for, let’s see… donkey months?


The weather’s not as terrible as everyone said it would be. Perhaps, not just yet.

While everyone else is huddled up in their downs, I am walking around in a cashmere sweat over two layers of cotton tees. And a cute woollen hat to cover the ears. I just wish my fingers and nose were a little stronger, though.

I like. I like the cold.


Then again, it’s warm-er today. Perhaps about six in the Celsius.

I think I do bring warmth everywhere I go.

hweech 001

No comments: