Wednesday, January 30, 2008

挡灾

I broke my wine glass first thing early this morning (no, I wasn't drinking at this hour, it had just been sitting way too tall on my very tiny and jam-packed dish rack and waiting for this day to happen), and the next thing I could think of immediately was: "Hmm. I sure haven't drunk at home for a long, long time. Shit, did I buy one, or two glasses?"

And then, the next, after a minute or so: Fuck, now I know how you get a glass splinter in your ring finger.

I think the anger (toward my clumsiness and the fact that I have 'wasted' a good glass for no good reason) set in only much later. No, wait. I don't think I'm even angry at all.

I only hope this one act of clumsiness is going to "block misfortune" for me for the rest of the day, and not just one of three waiting for me. Like it usually would be.

Sigh.


For all the little things I do for the people around me, I know they are all worth my sometimes silly effort when colleague-turned-friends start calling/texting/emailing you one by one at ungodly hours to make sure you're already awake and dressing up for that oh-so-important-that-you-turn-up-on-time-for meeting. Even though I never ask none of them to.

But today, I did it on my own. This is too ungodly.


This is so ungodly, I have even time to boil an egg and write a post before I get up to shower and stand in front of the wardrobe to decide the costume of the day.

No comments: