Friday, June 29, 2007

The Little One

Bestie: So have you told the little one?
Fatmama: No...
Bestie: You ARE going to tell him, aren't you?
Fatmama: Er... I don't know.
Bestie: What?!?! You mean you don't intend to tell him?
Fatmama: I don't know how to. How to?? Must !??
Bestie: YES! Just tell him. That you're going away.
Fatmama: Must I? He'll not understand and he's going to forget about me anyway.
Bestie: Yes, of course you should!
Bestie: Ok, I'm very sure you've already spoken to Piper.
Fatmama: Eh?! How you know?
Bestie: Of course I know. Piper baby, Mommy's going away for a long time. Don't miss me ok?
Fatmama: !!!!! Wah! How you know?!
Bestie: Mommy's going there first. Ah Ma will take care of you first. Then Mommy will bring you over.
Fatmama: !!!!! Wah! How come you know what I said?!?!
Bestie: Of course I know.


These are the things that make me want to (almost) cry these days.

The people who know me so darn well.

And the people I have to say goodbye to.


He will miss me. But only for a while.

And over time, he'll forget about me. He'll forget how close we ever had been.

He'll stop giving me kisses on the lips. He might even stop giving me a hug when I ask for it.

That's why, babysitting is one of the toughest jobs in the world.

No comments: