Saturday, December 22, 2007

안녕하십니까

Finally.

At long last.

And it turned out a little more, sometimes a little less, than what I've been imagining it to be all this while.


IMG_3086
The Namdaemun Gate.

IMG_3090
Steaming hot and juicy dumplings in chilling winter that could make one's dislike for porky pork dissipate.

IMG_3093
The ajumma at the roadside puchangmacha who fed us dinner.

IMG_3094
I don't know, but it must have been some radish cake. No eggs, I'm sure though.

IMG_3092
炒年糕!

IMG_3098
My craving for fried tung hoon was thus satisfied.

IMG_3101
Moo moo moo moo mmMMmmMMmmmoo.

IMG_3096
The deceptively healthy beer made from "naturally fresh water" that washed down all the junk.

IMG_3097
Soju, the drink for the broken-hearted, but not the faint-hearted.

IMG_3103
The freakin' nine-course roadside meal that cost me a hundred grand in Korean won. Yes, five 'zeroes' at the back. Yes, that's a hundred US dollars.

And YES, AUNTIE HERE GOT CONNED BIG-TIME!!!

IMG_3104
The freakin' conwoman who fed us, warmed us, then cheated us. And who probably closed shop for the next couple of days.

IMG_3109
My one-time daily fix that I have been missing for the past five months.

IMG_3116
Bu-Gol-Gi... Bu-Gol-Gi... Bu-Gol-Gi... Bu-Gol-Gi...

IMG_3175
I think beautiful blue skies tend to follow wherever I may go. : )

IMG_3180
Right. I'm pretty sure I had seen this exact picturesque scenery in Seattle.

IMG_3181
There is always tea-time anytime when I travel.

IMG_3182
The barley rice cake that we waited freakin' fifteen minutes for.

IMG_3195
And then, in a matter of an hour, I thought I was teleported to Little Italy in Frisco.

IMG_3200
Four in the p.m.

IMG_3207
This, of all names, is called the "Hangover Soup". I didn't have to be hungover to like it.

IMG_3209
Myeongdong in the night. Colder than Tokyo. Less crowded than Honks. Almost as much food as Taipei.

IMG_3212
The ice-skating rink at the City Hall, outside the Seoul Plaza Hotel. I think I must have seen this place in some drama. And I wanna say, I make a darned good navigator of complicated subway systems.

IMG_3221
It actually snowed a little on the last morning. So little, so quick to melt... I didn't actually see snow.

IMG_3223
Look Ma! No leggings/stockings/pants/socks/whatever! And it's just zero degree in the Celsius!

IMG_3226
Three-thirty in the p.m. On the way back home.


So there. Four Asian cities in two weeks.

A food odyssey that came and then had to go.

I have eaten more than I possibly could in any given two-week period. I have more memories than I possibly could expect.


It's time to get back into the clothes.

Fifteen clicks in two days. And it's hoops time now.

IMG_3206
I walked around Seoul for two days, with my balls hanging loose.

No comments: