Thursday, December 13, 2007

上海妹妹

The one thing that amazes me about Shanghai is that it is ever-changing.

Like, ever-y-time changing.

The Shanghai I have seen for the past two days doesn’t seem like the Shanghai I had seen just three months ago.

New buildings. New streets. New roads. New lights.

Fuck. Even the people seem friendlier. Especially the cab drivers.

What the hell happened to my 夜上海?

hweech 002


I love winters, even if they make me jump like a monkey on the street.

Without winters, how would I be able to enjoy hotpots the way they should rightfully be enjoyed?

Oh, by the way, I really hate meetings and business trips. ‘Cos all you ever really do is eat, fall asleep during meetings, and then eat eat eat. Especially if it’s during winter.

hweech 015


I love 上海.

But perhaps even more if not for the smoggy air.

And if not for a weird five-star hotel that shuts its power down in the middle of the night.

How the fuck am I going to go to bed now?

Still, for the fuckin’ awesome cap I picked up here (my sixth in two weeks) and for the fuckin’ awesome Tsing Tao Gold I tasted tonight, I love上海.


This is not cold, this is not cold, this is not cold, this is not cold…

I’ve got more to go.

Ooh, I can't wait to get to the airport in a couple of hours'.

hweech 028

No comments: