Monday, November 13, 2006

Ha Ha HA!!!

Hmm... let me count the many little ways my life has been brightened up in a short one week.

One: Out of absolutely no intention of my own, I was "invited" to test-drive a couple of cars, one of which being a long-time crush - the Forester. I now declare my adoration for that lean, mean, 4WD machine. But even more so, I so lust after that damned Focus ST. Having a little more power than what I already enjoy doesn't hurt, does it? I am already fantasizing - I'd have it painted all over classic-green with white stripes, or maybe green with pink polkadots to be a little more madcapped. Anyhoos, an "upgrade" makes me feel less guilty.

ford_focus_st_13_09_05Ford_Focus_ST-014


Two: I keep getting people who make wrong guesses about my age. If it's not 18, it's 22. Being mistaken for a student is sometimes frustrating, but sometimes - I admit - very flattering too. I can't decide if I should credit it to the beauty creams I've spent a fortune on, or the clothes I've been wearing. But since I know I haven't been very disciplined with the regime, I shall suppose I've just been a little too casual in my dressing. So what? Does it mean I can actually cast a wider net and scoop the younger ones now??? =/

Three: I met up with many lots ex-coworkers at the annual CCK Hari Raya dinner party. One that I couldn't for the life of me miss, lest I get dropped from the party list next year. Ha. It's that prestigious. With all the little offsprings running around, I just had to admit: the days when I ever was the baby in the company were long over. Oh, and I chop-stamp-confirm, I really do make a darned good nanny. Any takers?

Four: I ran and swam and ran and swam till I can feel my limbs no more. Yes, the muscles are starting to bulge again, which renders my efforts at squeezing into my size-0 jeans again useless, but the ensuing pride more than makes up for that fact. 'Squeezing' is not the point. 'Perfect-fitting' is.

Five: I am labelled "funny". By my Ryan-Giggs-lookalike crush, no less. A crush that happened only sporadically in those days when I still travelled to the campus in Portland three miserable times a year. A crush that unbelievably appeared in front of me in Ice Cold Beer last week, and actually told me he remembered me though we had never spoken before. A crush who is going to be staying in this tiny little island as I do for the next six months. A crush who has stored my sacred number in his new cellphone and has since been talking to me via text messages since last week. A crush who told me he was about to leave for HK and would talk to me again later part of the week. If you could now, you would see a contorted look on my face. Erm. What now? I might have been a little too delirious last week, but... I still fucking cannot believe this. God, I am no fucking SPG, but please help me deal with this ok?

Six: I laughed a lot. I LAUGHED A lot. On Friday alone, when I was deliriously silly the entire day. Which ain't a bad thing, 'cos I realize I might have found my (low) sense of humor and my ability to laugh at every single fucking thing again. Even if the kind of silly happiness that happens to me is temporal - just for one day - I embrace it. Better than nothing. I don't fucking care if I laugh too hard, too loud. I AM FUNNY. =)


I don't think I might've grasped the facts about life as much as I should still. But I'm learning.

I always am.

Aren't you?

No comments: