Friday, November 03, 2006

The Family Getaway

Life is when... you get the whole freakin' house to yourself for a couple of days, and you walk out of the shower butt-naked, and you turn up the volume of the MTV-channel 'cos you would like to focus on the closet-cleaning until you hear Jay Chou coming on the boob tube, and you (finally) get to lie on the bed listening to the pitter-patter of the afternoon raindrops against the world outside.

Ahhh... Life like I haven't known it for a long, long, long while.

I did the deed early in the morning - driving the entire family gang to the coaches which would bring them to Genting. I would've liked to join them on the short weekend getaway but I'd rather relish my temporary freedom (plus a getaway with the whole gang isn't quite the getaway I'm so looking forward to myself).

I flashed the hugest grin and wished them all a great time up in the highlands, but I wish I would have an even greater time myself this weekend. Hiak hiak hiak.

No nagging. No nagging. And most of all, NO NAGGING.


When the cat is away, the mouse comes out to play.

No comments: