Monday, October 30, 2006

Of Devils and Zoos

I am very pleased with myself over the past few days. Somewhat.

Because I am getting a bit sick of k-dramas and tired of all-round boozing, I've managed to find that little bit of energy to expend in doing things I used to enjoy.

Like? Like hanging around in Borders and fantasizing about that humongous bookcase I'd like to brag about. I couldn't resist the temptation. After pacifying myself that I haven't really spent any on books recently, I trotted home with not one but two new titles. Time to read myself to sleep, and not fall asleep in the middle of episode don't-know-what.

And also, like catching my devils live in action over magnums at Ice Cold, with none other than my chick next to me. I thought I got high, crapping and cursing and cheering over just a couple of beers. Then, I realized the four-nothing thrashing was the one that got me high instead. You go, boys.

And then, the most satisfying of all, a long-overdue day trip just for Gu-gu and the little man. We beat the rain, but had to tackle the sun. We made it to the zoo, finally.

P1010776


The little man with big shoes to fill.

Even though there was some expected miscommunication (read: we two kenna 'dua') at the beginning, it was all good. If the little one could express his thoughts coherently, I know he would've given me a big hug and a wet slurpy kiss on the lips, topping it off with a "Thank you, Gu-gu... I love you much!"

=) Fantasies.


Oh. And of course. There were the regular wines and beers, and nowadays Guiness drafts. With folks I like these days.

But it is all balanced out.

No comments: