Monday, October 23, 2006

Dognana

Sunday afternoon, I was playing dognana. A post-rain, still-hazy, sunless afternoon at Tanjong. The beach was very nicely empty, 'cept for the posers 'chilling out' at the beach bar. It was just perfect for us, me and Sam had good deal of fun.

Sam. I am going to ask his momma if I could be his godmomma. I can forget about all the hair shed all over my backseat. No problemo.

I haven't felt this quiet peace and happiness for a while. I have almost forgotten how much joy dogs bring me.

And so, it's got me started on something I could possibly try out. Dognana.

Hmmm...

*****

The past couple of weeks or so have been just quiet and anonymous. Eventful, yet not that eventful. With a chunk of unplanned for nostalgia.

Things that I haven't done for quite a while, and that have recently made me realized how good they used to make me feel and how much I actually do miss them.


I drove to places I haven't been back to since... since a while ago. They unfortunately reminded me of those times I have so wanted to remove from my memory, yet they also reminded me how much I enjoy the thrill of adventure and exploration. I never fail to get a kick out of amazing people (especially men) with my topological knowledge of the island. I especially love it when I am usually the one who finds the quickest route from point A to B.

I really miss driving around, although sometimes aimlessly. Question now is, do I really need a kaki for this?


I am also back to the running and the swimming. A little easier on the knee, though I suspect it's cranking up the neck and shoulders.

And I've been good at keeping up with the plan. No, I am not fat. But there're a few pounds and inches I could do without because I can't even squeeze into my jeans now and I don't have nothing much left to wear. Which is a bummer, because I really don't feel like spending money on new clothes. Which is devastating, because I fucking miss shopping.


I am back at the movies.

And I am also back at Ice Cold.

Both of which could possibly cause the onslaught of some undesired problems. That I really, really don't wish to be bogged down with.

No, not at this point in time.

Fuck.

*****

"Maybe you need a change in social scenery."

Yeah, maybe. But how?

No comments: