Monday, February 25, 2008

I <3 鱼旦

It turned out yet another unexpectedly amazing weekend.

Thanks to a birthday party that I couldn't have missed, yet I almost did because I was just too moodless.

For one, I ate birthday cake so orgasmically wonderful, I think I exclaimed rather aloud in public that "who needs sex when you have chocolate cake this mind-blowing?"

Everyone else mmm'd in agreement with fudge in their mouths - but all claimed later to have lied. Basket.

IMG_3879
IMG_3881
IMG_3884
IMG_3883


Oh yeah, we had our usual crapshit, our usual hysterical laughs, our usual amount of drinks... except this time, I had to absenthe the birthday chick. Twice. Heh heh heh.

But the real fun came when we decided to find some food to appease the post-chocolate cake hunger and the birthday chick, in her drunken stupor, decided to buy us gifts instead: oh, that famous Tsui Wah tee-shirt that I've been coveting for months (I swear to God I have been).

Wildly excited, I directed the kids to put on the tee-shirts and I asked the next passer-by to take a picture of us dorks.

But the next passer-by turned out to be Mr Tsui Wah himself.

The next thing we knew, we were being ushered back into the restaurant, and given a whirlwind tour of the entire kitchen and some amazing food-testing of what we seemed to be endorsing.

Yes, of course we got the stares alright.

I don't think it's the pseudo-celebrity atmosphere we created. I think it was those damned tee-shirts.

I wished the ground would swallow me whole, but then the ground was also too greasy, so thank God.

IMG_3887
IMG_3894
IMG_3893

I know, but don't envy me. How many of us get to have a first-hand glimpse of Tsui Wah's kitchen?

All I can say is, it does help to speak crappy Cantonese, bring a Japanese dude around, and have the only local in the group speak in British-accented English.

No comments: