Monday, September 18, 2006

In Memory of Michael...

phuket 6


I'd always loved this picture.

I'd always thought the three of us dudes here were one of your bestest friends in the team. I just know. Because, despite what the others might've said of you, we loved you for who you really were - not what you did or did not do. We loved you when you acted the diva, but we didn't love you less when you didn't do your numbers well.

I'd always known it hadn't been the easiest, nor greatest, of times for you in the team - and I thought for that, you reciprocated our friendship by giving us your vulnerable, yet utmost trust.

But today, a dark gloomy today, I feel worse than the weather. Had I betrayed your trust, by not being the friend you'd trusted me to be?

There are plenty words of regrets stuck in my throat, and in my mind.

I am sorry I hadn't been attentive to you, like I used to be, in the last few weeks of my stay. Just because I had woes of my own, I neglected a friend who needed my ear and my words - more than I needed them.

I am sorry I hadn't shown you more love than I did, I'm sorry I did nothing much to make you feel more at ease with the whole family.

But - I am happy. That you told me, just before I left, you were getting happier at work. That you were loving the team more. That you were finally feeling comfortable with the whole big family.

And, most of all, you're a son of God. And I am happiest that while I will never see you again, I know at least, you're safely tucked in His arms.


It hadn't been easy being who you were, I suppose. Coming out in front of us must've been a tough one.

But you know what, darling? It wasn't such a big deal, after all.

My darling Michael, I'll always remember how you cooed "my daarling" whenever you saw me. It's such a pity - you'd never been able to see those flutters in my heart.


If there's one last regret I have to say, it's that I wished I had gone back to the office much earlier from lunch last Friday.

I would have seen you before you left for the airport. And given you a last big bear hug.


Thank you, Michael, for being my friend.

Thank you for allowing me to be your friend.

Thank you for giving me now one of the best lessons in life.

I love, and will always miss you.


For now, I just wanna take a good walk in the rain outside.

No comments: