Monday, August 25, 2008

Galbi'd

Well, I did say I was looking forward to August, didn't I?

Nah... wasn't so much for the summer Olympics though it did keep me entertained at times and if not for it, I would probably have died happy on my couch while watching my dumb Taiwanese shows on cable and never have flipped to the local channels.

Not really so much for the last, and probably the best, bit of summer - though I have never seen so much sun and I have never seen myself this brown for the last twelve months. Typhoons totally suck though.

Nope. None of the above.

The only thing that really thrilled me in August was eating Korean beef in no other place than Korea.

IMG_4838

The bonus? The weather, summer making way for fall, was oh-so-perfect. And those pretty boys, and girls, who seemed to have nothing better to do on a Thursday morning but stroll the streets of Myeongdung.

IMG_4866IMG_4865IMG_4864IMG_4831

Still, nothing beats the cow.

IMG_4839IMG_4840

I am not showing you any picture of the best beef, though. Because the best things in life are not meant to be shared. Though the truth of the matter is, I was so stoned silly and I gobbled it up so fast before I snapped back to reality.


Ah. August has come, and almost gone. And when it's gone, it'll be September.

I just hope I get through September.

No comments: