Friday, December 15, 2006

Hongkie'd

P1010298


Hello, from Hong Kong. Or, as my dude would say, the Kong.

And I know, I know. It's Day Eight here, and this 'hello' is a little bit way overdue.

Still, better late than never.


I can't decide if 'sloshed' or 'smashed' would be a more appropriate term, but anyhow, you get the idea. And it's absolutely killing everyone else here that I don't have to work "the next day" but hey... that's what I am here for in the first place.

To chill.

So, pardon me. I don't have that many pictures to show.


I am getting, though, a slight taste of what a tai-tai life might be. In a foreign land, no less.

I haven't much on my personal agenda while on vacation, except going shopping for household stuff. Wake up (at God-knows-what-hour-everyday), do laundry, clear trash, pick up dry-cleaning, then start searching for cheap and good pots/pans, chopsticks, spoons, towels, laundry nets, eggs, noodles, vegetables.

See, my brother Ed has just arrived in HK not more than two months ago, and his kitchen and bathroom look absolutely pathetic.

Me: I am going to get you nice chopsticks.
Ed: Chopsticks?!
Me: Yeah, hunny. Chopsticks. You should spend more effort in the kitchen details. Any girl who walks into your kitchen would be so impressed.

I am so darn proud of myself. I would so love a life like this.


In any case you haven't noticed, I am starting to like Hong Kong.

In fact... I am so fucking in love with this place.

So much so that I think I am finally ready for a big, big change. =)

No comments: